Department of Community Development
City Sealer: Cassandra Slocum
Office: (920) 886-6164
211 Walnut St.
P.O. Box 426
Neenah, WI 54957-0426
The purpose of the City of Neenah’s Weights and Measures program is to allow consumer value comparison and ensure market place equity and fair competition between businesses.
To accomplish the program’s purpose, the City of Neenah employs a City Sealer of Weights and Measures to inspect for compliance and advise local businesses on the laws and codes governing statewide weights and measures programs. The program can be broken down into three major components:
- Scanners and Price Verification
- Weight and Measure Devices (retail scales, fuel pumps, timing devices, etc.)
- Packaging and Method of Sale
The City of Neenah permits and/or seals all of the devices that it inspects and tests. Permits are issued and expire June 30 annually. Businesses should contact the weights and measures inspection office to verify the device or devices operated are appropriately permitted.
File a Complaint
A complaint may be filed by contacting the City of Neenah Sealer by phone: (920) 886-6164, by email, in person at Neenah City Hall, Third Floor, Community Development, or by filing a complaint online with the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP). The City Sealer will investigate all complaints filed.
Weights & Measures Laws and Codes
- Neenah City Ordinance, Chapter 4, Article II
- ATCP Chapter 90, Fair Packaging and Labeling
- ATCP Chapter 91, Selling Commodities by Weight, Measure and Count
- ATCP Chapter 92, Weights and Measures
- ATCP Chapter 124, Price Comparison Advertising
- Wis. Stats. Chapter 98, Weights and Measures
- Wis. Stats. Chapter 97, Pertaining to food regulation
- Wis. Stats. § 100.18, Fraudulent Advertising; Wis. Stats. § 100.183, Fraud, Advertising Foods.
Other Weights and Measures Links
NTEP Certificates of Conformance
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Weights and Measures Service Company Information