The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has rated Wisconsin as extremely low risk in the Coronavirus outbreak. However, they do suggest some common sense steps to take that are very effective in protecting from infection.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a kleenex.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show signs and symptoms of COVID – 19, not by healthy individuals.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. You can use alcohol sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The Mayor and city staff are monitoring the situation and are ready to take appropriate steps as directed by the CDC and emergency government officials. The following links will provide additional reference:
Main CDC page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Situation Summary: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
WI DHS Coronavirus page: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/coronavirus.htm
WISCONSIN Coronavirus stats (DHS): https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/outbreaks/index.htm
Links to watch (this is an area of expanding information):
FAQ re: Pregnant Women: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/pregnancy-faq.html
Information for Businesses: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-business-response.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fguidance-business-response.html
General link for specific Groups (I suspect a document related to schools would go here): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/index.html