There is no easy answer to the question regarding trick-or-treat. We advise you use good common sense along with many of the suggestions shown below. Parents should be able to make the decision for themselves this Halloween. Covid-19 data changes daily and we will continue to monitor this up to October 31. However, we will set these hours to govern the activity so we can properly staff and make the community aware of the hours. Trick-or-treat hours will be held from 4PM – 7PM on Saturday, October 31, 2020.
If you decide that trick-or-treat is still on the activity list for Halloween, please do so as safely as possible by taking as many precautions as you can:
- Most importantly – If you are sick, stay home and do not hand out candy.
- Trick-or-Treat with only your household members. Parents should accompany their children.
- Bring a flashlight and use crosswalks to cross streets.
- Do not gather as a large group to avoid close contact with others. Make sure social distancing can be maintained.
- Make sure to wear a mask.
- Stay in your neighborhood only. Limit the number of homes-visited.
- Use hand sanitizer where and when applicable.
- Safely sanitize all packages if possible.
- If you wish to hand treats out, consider individual treat bags that could be handed out or left on porch for trick-or-treaters instead of allowing children to dig through the bowl.
- Folks that want to participate should leave the front porch light on then the trick-or-treaters will know to move on if the light is off.
- Make certain kids wash their hands as soon as they get home.
- Parents should wear masks also when handing out candy. And try to use the sidewalk or driveway to hand out candy to limit congregating on porches and touching doorbells or door handles.