- SPRING CLEAN UP. FIRST MONDAY IN APRIL. All winter decor, including artificial bouquets and wreaths, must be removed prior to that
- Planting of trees and shrubs requires written authorization from Oak Hill Cemetery; approved plant list is available at Oak Hill Cemetery or the City Hall Administration Office. Cemetery personnel will remove shrubs for a fee of $100.00 per request.
- All planted flowers must be placed within 12 inches of marker or monument on the graveside of the lot. No plantings of any type are permitted in pathways.
- No glass or tin containers for cut flowers permitted. Concrete or plastic containers preferred.
- No statues, statuettes, trinkets, or knick-knacks will be permitted on any lot. Cemetery staff will remove all non-conforming decorations.
- All decorations, other than flowers or wreaths, require approval by Oak Hill Cemetery personnel before being placed on any lot.
- New graves will be top dressed and seeded once to establish a turfed gravesite. Oak Hill Cemetery does not sod graves or water seeded graves. Lot owners may hire a private contractor for these services.
- Water taps are available for plant watering only; water is not safe for drinking. Water service is shut off from mid-October to mid-May.
- Cemetery open daily dawn to dusk.
Click here foundation charges, grave opening charges and lot sales.
Marker and Monument Rules & Regulations
- All markers require a concrete foundation installed by Oak Hill Cemetery staff
- Marker Size Restrictions, click here.
- Monuments allowed in monument sections only with the following restrictions:
- One monument per lot.
- Monument must be centered on the lot unless the lot is next to the road in which case placement is on the back of the lot. Placement exceptions require pre-approval of Oak Hill Cemetery.
- Monument thickness limited by lot size.
- Monument cannot be closer than 2.5 feet to any lot boundary.
- Monuments/markers constructed of materials other than granite or bronze require written pre-approval by Oak Hill Cemetery.
- All non-standard foundations require written pre-approval of Oak Hill Cemetery.
- Flower urns with a base 8” or larger require foundations. No patio block or precast foundations are permitted under urns.
- Foundations installed spring (weather permitting) through the third Friday in November each year.
- Oak Hill Cemetery is not responsible for damage to markers and monuments.
Click here to download full Cemetery Rules, Regulations and Fees.