Adult Basketball Open Gym
ADULT BASKETBALL OPEN GYM (ages 18+)
Wednesdays, 7:00 – 9:00PM, Shattuck Middle School, 600 Elm St., Neenah
FEE: $3.00 per night, pay at the gym. Bring correct change.
PLAYER MAX: 24 players on a first come, first serve basis
2023 Schedule Could change due to school conflicts. Follow us on Facebook – Neenah Parks & Recreation – for any last minute cancellations. If school is cancelled due to weather, open gym will be cancelled as well.
BASKETBALL OPEN GYM PROCEDURES AND RULES
- Open to men and women 18 years old and older. Player must be out of high school. Twenty-four players maximum will be allowed on a first-come, first-serve basis with priority given to Neenah Residents. You will be asked to provide identification, if there is a question regarding age or residency. On a player’s first night of participation, player must read liability information and provide name, address, and phone number.
- Players are NOT to arrive at the facility until ten (10) minutes prior to start time.
- All players must wear gym shoes. NO street shoes. No smoking, beverages (except water bottles) or food allowed in the gym.
- This is an open gym, not a practice sight for organized teams. Teams will be selected nightly under the direction of the Gym Supervisor.
- NO DUNKING, HANGING OR PULLING ON THE RIM OR BASKETBALL NET!!!!!!!!
If you damage the rim or board due to the above, you will be billed for repair/replacement.
- Players are responsible for their conduct at all times. Profanity, possession or drinking of alcoholic beverages or drugs prior to or during open gym hours, unsportsmanlike conduct or making physical contact with another player of an intentional fighting nature (i.e., shoving, punching, etc.) will be cause for immediate ejection from the program by the Gym Supervisor. It may be cause for additional suspension to be determined by the Parks and Recreation Department staff.
- Ejection will constitute automatic temporary suspension from the next two scheduled Open Gym dates. Two ejections during the season will automatically result in suspension for the remainder of the season.
- The Neenah Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to determine length of suspension for all participant misconduct.