Public Works
skip mobile navigation
skip top site navigation

Department of Public Works

Gerry Kaiser, P.E.: Director of Public Works

211 Walnut St., P.O. Box 426, Neenah, WI 54957-0426
Phone: 920-886-6240 Fax: 920-886-6250 Email:

Facebook Twitter

Office Hours:

Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm

Subscribe to this Department Facebook Twitter

Permits, Forms, Applications

Block Party Permit – Residents are able to close their street and hold a neighborhood block party by obtaining a permit through the Public Works Department. Permits will be reviewed by our Traffic Engineer and you will be notified of approval. Click here to apply.

City of Neenah Prequalification Form Click here to open the form.

Digger’s Hotline Information – Diggers Hotline helps identify costly and dangerous utilities that can be buried just inches beneath your yard’s surface. Contact them three working days before digging and have your lines marked so you can dig freely and safely. Call “811” or 800-242-8511, or contact them at

Dumpster Rental Application – Click here to open the rental permit.

Permit to Excavate in Public Right-of-Way – The City of Neenah requires anyone excavating in the public right-of-way (i.e., street, sidewalk, terrace, etc.) to obtain a Permit to Excavate in Public Right-of-Way. The permit, fee schedule, provisions and conditions can be reviewed below.  Permits can be obtained by contacting the Department of Public Works at 920-886-6240 or on-line at the link below.  To use the on-line permit application, contractors will need to contact the Department of Public Works to have a new account and password created.

Special Event Permit (Street Use Permit) – Form required to request the use of public streets or sidewalks for special events. (i.e. parades, walkathons, rallies, festivals, etc.) A non-refundable $75 application fee may apply and must be submitted with the application. Completed applications should now be filed by email at, in person at the Mayor’s Office, or by mail at City Hall, 211 Walnut Street Neenah, WI 54956 Attention: Special Events Coordinator. Upon approval, the permit can be picked up or mailed. For any questions regarding the application or the permit process, contact Joni Heinz at 920-886-6104.

Street Occupancy Permit – Anyone requesting temporary occupancy within public right-of-way (sidewalk, street, terrace) must apply for a street occupancy permit.  You do not need to apply for a street occupancy permit if you’re applying for a special event or street excavation permit.  Click here to apply.

Applicable uses include (but not limited to):

  • Portal storage containers
  • PODs
  • Dumpsters
  • Soil/gravel piles
  • Commercial/construction equipment
  • Utility maintenance work
Back to Top