To serve as the catalyst to a vibrant, growing community
The Department of Community Development and Assessments is responsible for Local Economic Development, Long Range Planning, Real Estate and Personal Property Assessments, Building Inspections, Weights and Measures, Grants Administration, and Land Use Regulation (Zoning).
TEMPORARY OUTDOOR SEATING AND STREET FURNITURE
The Common Council has authorized the Community Development Department to assist local businesses to obtain necessary approvals to temporarily expand their outdoor seating areas through October 1, 2020. These areas may be needed to assist businesses to comply with social distancing guidelines as the local economy attempts to safely re-open and successfully recover from the COVID-19 health emergency during the summer and fall months of 2020.
|Outdoor Extension (Private Property)||Sidewalk Cafe (Only permitted in C-2 Zoning District|
CITY PARCEL VIEWER – Locate your property lines and property dimensions.
BUSINESS PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES – UPDATED 5/11/2020
Neenah Businesses. Please click on the links below to find information and resources to help your business in these difficult times. If you need help navigating these resources or have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Chris Haese (CHaese@ci.neenah.wi.us) or Brad Schmidt (BSchmidt@ci.neenah.wi.us).
- We’re All In Small Business Grant – This grant program is intended to help Wisconsin small businesses to assist with the costs of business interruption or for health and safety improvements, wages and salaries, rent, mortgages and inventory. Grants are for $2,500.
- WEDC – MINORITY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM – Offers grants up to $2,000 to support minority, women and veteran-owned businesses. The goal of the program is to support these businesses in job retention and investment.
- WINNEBAGO COUNTY COVID-19 RAPID RECOVERY LOAN PROGRAM – Small loans to support Winnebago County Small Businesses
- UW-OSHKOSH BUSINESS SURVEY – Survey intended to measure the effects of the coronavirus on the local and regional economy
- WEDC COVID-19 BUSINESS RESOURCES – List of State and Federal Resources and Programs to assist businesses impacted by COVID-19
- US SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA) – Link to the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- COMMUNITY FOUNDATION’S COVID-19 COMMUNITY RESPONSE FUND – Grants intended for local non-profits engaging in immediate basic needs relief, short-term response and longer-term recovery in Outagamie, Calumet, Shawano, Waupaca and the Neenah-Menasha area of Winnebago counties impacted by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Future Neenah, Inc Business Resource Page – A list of local, state and federal business resources.
- Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce – List of business loan/grant programs.
OPPORTUNITY ZONE INFORMATION
Click here for more information on Neenah’s Opportunity Zone.
Web-Based Historic Sanborn Map Application
Take a look at Historic Neenah with this web-based mapping application of historic Sanborn maps dating from 1884 to 1913. Sanborn maps were created as a means for assessing fire insurance risk in urban areas. These maps provide great detail on the use of buildings and land during the early beginnings of Neenah.
Community Development Staff:
Chris A. Haese – Director
Brad R. Schmidt, AICP – Deputy Director
Carol Kasimor, AICP – Assistant Planner
Samantha Jefferson – Office Manager