Consumer Complaints: If you would like to file a complaint against a business you can call the Consumer Protection Hotline at 800-422-7128 or you can file a complaint on line by visiting their website at

Criminal Matters: The District Attorney’s office is in charge of prosecuting all criminal matters. The Winnebago County District Attorney’s office can be reached by calling 920-727-2880. Criminal Representation: The Office of the Public Defender for Winnebago County is located at 404 N. Main St., Oshkosh and they may be reached at 920-424-3304.

Legal Advice and Representation: For referrals for legal assistance concerning private or personal matters referrals may be obtained from the State Bar Association. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-800-362-9082 or you can visit their website at

People who meet certain eligibility criteria relating to income may qualify for legal assistance from the Legal Services of Northeastern Wisconsin, Inc. If you are a Winnebago County resident you may contact them at 920-233-6521 or toll-free at 1-800-236-1128. You can also visit their website at

Small Claims Court: For actions in the amount of $10,000 or less, you can file a claim in Small Claims Court. To obtain the paperwork in Winnebago County you can call the Winnebago County Court House at 920-727-2880.

Tenant/Landlord Questions: For questions or information relating to tenant/landlord issues the State of Wisconsin, Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection is available to answer your questions, They can be reached toll-free at 1-800-422-7128 or you can visit their website at

The above question and answer is informational only. It is not legal advice and is not intended to be used in place of legal advice. You should consult your own attorney for legal counsel. As with all general information, the answers provided may not specifically apply to you.