Publications & Brochures
The following brochures are available to help citizens comply with the various Municipal and State code requirements.
“Loathe Thy Neighbor” (reprinted article from This Old House Magazine)
- Asbestos and Lead Paint Abatement/General Info – Wisconsin DHS Website
- Honey Bee Information and Registration Form
- Backyard Chicken Information and Registration Form
- Building Codes History
- Covenants vs Zoning Ordinances
- Decks, Porches, and Gazebos
- Drainage and Grading of Lots
- Fences and Similar Structures
- Garages and Storage sheds
- House Remodeling and Additions
- Landlord Tenant Disputes – Information and Procedure
In resolving conflict, you should always first contact your landlord in writing and describe the condition you are concerned about. Document the condition in detail, including photos, date, time, whom you notified and when. For information to assist you with this process please visit Wisconsin Tenant Resource Center. To help landlords and tenants avoid common problems, or to resolve them when they do occur, the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection created this Guide For Landlords and Tenants.
Mold issues: The City of Neenah Housing Inspector does not handle mold concerns. The Wisconsin Dept of Health Services has a helpful website concerning mold issues. While dampness and mold are typically not written into local housing ordinances, landlords do have a duty to keep premises in a reasonable state of repair and to make necessary repairs.
- Locating Lot Lines
- Parking Rules – Cars, PODS, RV’s
- Permanently Installed Pools
- Storable Pools and Hot Tubs
- Smoke Detectors
- Solar Panel Permit Requirements
- Residential Ramps
- Rummage/Yard Sale Signs
- Vision Clearance Triangle Information
- WE Service Conversion Form
- When do I need a Permit?
- Wood Burning Stoves and Fireplaces
- Plan Submittal Requirements for New Homes
- Codes: The following link to the Wisconsin Department of Commerce contains many of the state codes this office administers within the City of Neenah. These codes can be accessed for your convenience: Wisconsin Safety and Buildings Division Home Page