To serve as the catalyst to a vibrant, growing community
The Department of Community Development and Assessments is responsible for Local Economic Development, Long Range Planning, Real Estate and Personal Property Assessments, Building Inspections, Weights and Measures, Grants Administration, and Land Use Regulation (Zoning).
Bird Scooters Are Now In Neenah
The new transportation option can be activated through Bird’s free mobile phone application.
A few things to remember when riding scooters in the City of Neenah:
- You must be 18 or older to ride.
- Only one rider per Bird.
- Ensure you stick to riding on the road in Downtown Neenah; riding on the sidewalk is prohibited.
- The Bird app will indicate areas of “preferred parking.” Riders can stop their ride in these locations to receive a discount on their next ride.
- When parking the scooters, keep scooters in an upright position with two wheels making point of contact with the ground. Ensure that the sidewalk is free from obstruction.
- The app will not allow riders to end their ride on all bridges, overpasses and roundabouts.
- Scooters are prohibited in the parking ramp and skate park.
See a scooter being improperly ridden or parked? In the bottom left corner of the Bird mobile app, click on the Community Mode icon and file a report. Otherwise, you can contact Bird by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at their 24/7 support line +1(866) 205-2442. For more information, check out Bird Micro-Electric Mobility: Electric Bikes and Scooters For Cities.
S. Commercial Street Commercial Building Exterior Improvement Grant
The City has expanded façade improvement program to the S. Commercial Street district which is generally located between Cecil Street on the north and Alcott Drive on the south. Matching grants up to $10,000 are available to eligible commercial properties in the S. Commercial Street district. For more information click here.
2021 Department Annual Report
The City of Neenah Community Development Department remained busy in 2021. Check out the accomplishments of the Department by clicking on the following link:
OPPORTUNITY ZONE INFORMATION
Click here for more information on Neenah’s Opportunity Zone.
Web-Based Historic Sanborn Map Application
Take a look at Historic Neenah with this web-based mapping application of historic Sanborn maps dating from 1884 to 1913. Sanborn maps were created as a means for assessing fire insurance risk in urban areas. These maps provide great detail on the use of buildings and land during the early beginnings of Neenah.